Is Your Gut Healthy?
If you have digestive issues, you're not alone. Let's talk gut health.
Hippocrates once said 'All Disease Starts In The Gut', this guy really knew what he was talking about.
Gut issues can range from bloating, gas and irregularity, to diagnosed IBS, Crone's and GERD. Many symptoms you sometimes don't relate to a gut disturbance, such as mood swings and migraines. 95% of serotonin (the chemical that keeps you happy) is made in the gut, so no wonder why depression and anxiety are so common in the western world.
Here are 5 signs of an unhealthy gut, some obvious and some not so much:
- You have an upset stomach. Frequent discomfort, gas, bloating, constipation, diarrhoea, and heartburn could be signs that your gut is having a hard time processing food and eliminating waste.
- You feel tired more often than not. People with chronic fatigue may have imbalances in the gut.
- You have trouble sleeping in general. An unhealthy gut can cause insomnia or poor sleep, which leads to fatigue. The majority of your body’s serotonin, which affects mood and sleep, is produced in the gut.
- You have skin irritations. Some skin conditions like acne, eczema, and psoriasis may be related to gut issues.
- You are intolerant to some foods. Food intolerances may be caused by poor quality of bacteria in the gut. You may have a food intolerance if you struggle to digest certain foods. This can cause bloating, gas, diarrhoea, nausea, and abdominal pain.
Not sure where to start? Here are some of our fav's for gut health:
- Supercharged Foods Love Your Gut Powder Range - This is Australia's top selling gut supplement. Using the power of Diatomaceous Earth (Clay), this helps to 'sweep' out the gut by binding to the inner lining and drawing out toxins. Also great for ridding parasites, which can sometimes be the cause for many symptoms.
- Qenda - The Ultimate Fibre - The formula of this ticks literally every box, I think it is one of the best products on the market. Anti-parasitic, anti-inflammatory, gut stimulating and packed full of fibre. This is one of our top selling products, and is getting a name for itself. Try it and you will see what I mean!
- Medicinal mushrooms such as turkey tail, reishi, lion's mane, and chaga all possess powerful gut health-supporting properties and are making our list of the best medicinal mushrooms for gut health.
This is your nudge to start looking after your health. We have a huge range of Health & Supplements available, so start or strengthen your journey today. As with any gut supplement, remember to drink more water than you normally would!